TODAY in the Third – Friday, February 9
CBRM MUNICIPAL SERVICES
· No Solid Waste curbside collection
· Solid waste facilities are closed
· Municipal facilities including City Hall, Arenas, etc. are closed
· Transit Cape Breton is not be operating
· All CBVRCE schools are closed
· CBU and NCSS campuses are closed
Nova Scotia Health -
· Snow removal continues at the site. Nova Scotia Health apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the public’s patience and cooperation while snow removal is underway at the hospital.
· Nova Scotia Health advises people coming to the site for appointments/procedures or to visit loved ones to:
· Use the front public parking lot: The hospital’s front entrance is used by the public to access services, so patients and visitors are asked to use the front public parking lot when travelling to and from the hospital.
· Use the patient pick-up/drop-off area at the hospital’s front entrance. If you are taking a loved one to an appointment, please use the patient pick-up/drop-off area at the main entrance. Parking is limited to 20-minutes in this area so access to the hospital is not blocked.
· Consider getting dropped-off and pick-up for appointments: If you have an appointment, instead of taking your vehicle, consider getting dropped-off and picked-up at the main entrance if it is safe and appropriate to do.
· Arrive early for appointments: Allow yourself extra time to get to your appointment to factor in any parking delays.
· Watch where you walk or drive: Roadways, walkways, and sidewalks around the hospital continue to be cleared so please use caution when you are using them. If you are driving, please slow down and be aware of pedestrian traffic in these areas.
· Be patient. It will take time to remove the snow from the site so please be patient while this process is underway.
· Use caution: For everyone’s safety, please use caution as you travel to and from the building and entering and exiting the parking lots.
NOVA SCOTIA PROVINCIAL SERVICES
· Provincial government offices in Cape Breton Regional Municipality are closed
· All other provincial offices will be open regular hours unless there is a local issue, such as a power outage.
· Nova Scotians planning to visit an office are advised to check that it is open before leaving home.
· Decisions regarding court operations are made on a case-by-case basis with the judiciary.
· People with matters before the court should check with their lawyer or contact the courthouse to confirm the status of their matter. Contact information for courthouses is available at:https://www.courts.ns.ca/locations
ADDITIONAL CBRM UPDATE DETAILS
· The focus today (Friday, Feb 9) is to clear roads for the passage of emergency vehicles and facilitate emergency response.
· CBRM is instructing residents to follow the directions of the Municipality’s State of Local Emergency.
· The municipality is requesting that non-essential services remain closed until the roads are again considered safe to travel.
· Residents are directed to shelter in place and to clear snow from their home’s entryways, walkways and driveways to facilitate home access.
· Residents should remove snow from ventilation points at your home.
· If you are able, CBRM is requesting that you assist neighbours with snow clearing.
· Do not travel. Police are telling people to stay off the road unless it's absolutely necessary.
· Any vehicles obstructing or interfering with snow removal will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
· The State of Emergency expires on Sunday, February 11 at 2:00 pm.